February 10, 2020
Enjoy dinner and a show (and more) March 9 on Grinnell Mutual’s campus! Tickets will be available until March 2.
On March 9, S.H.E. Counts, the Grinnell League of Women Voters, and the Claude W. & Dolly Ahrens Foundation will be hosting the fifth annual International Women’s Day! This year’s theme is Each for Equal because each one of us can help create a more equal world for each other.
At the event, we will be collecting donations of personal care items to send to Crisis Intervention Services (CIS) in Oskaloosa. CIS helps people rebuild their lives in the aftermath of sexual assault, domestic violence, or other violent crimes.
The event will begin at 5:15 p.m. in the Conference Center and run until approximately 9 p.m.
• 5:15 p.m.: Social hour, free drinks, and silent auction in the lobby area
• 6 p.m.: Dinner buffet by Country Catering. Vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available.
• 7 p.m.: “The Yellow Rose of Suffrage,” by Jane Cox, a one-woman play about Carrie Chapman Catt, the founder of the League of Women Voters and the trailblazer of the 19th Amendment.
• 8 p.m.: Dessert and coffee.
Tickets are $25 and will be available until March 2 or until sold out. Seating is limited to the first 250 people, so get yours today! You can purchase them the following ways:
• Online at Eventbrite
• Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce
• Drake Community Library
In the case of event cancellation, all ticket proceeds will be counted as a donation to S.H.E. Counts. Tickets are non-refundable.
Have questions? Ask Jane Casten, Claims manager and a S.H.E. Counts member, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to see you all there!